What's that? You haven't read my review of RawSpiceBar and their spice blends yet? Click here to check it out first! :)
This recipe was one of the suggestions sent along with my trio of Ethiopian spice blends. It's a delicious warm salad with simple ingredients that are given a fiery, smoky boost thanks to Ethiopian berbere spice.
- 1/2 tbsp berbere spice
- 3 carrots (peeled and cut into strips)
- 1-2 fennel bulbs (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
- handful of fresh mint (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to gas mark 5. Toss carrots and fennel with olive oil, salt to taste and RawSpiceBar's berbere spice mix until well coated. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Turn vegetables and roast for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until tender with a fork.
2. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Toss with chopped mint and serve.