- 2 cups of brown rice
- 4-5 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/2 scotch bonnet pepper (chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (finely chopped)
- 1 small red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 small green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 small red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup red cabbage (chopped)
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Salt to taste
Cook the rice in the vegetable stock until soft and all the water has evaporated.
In a separate pan, saute the chopped vegetables in oil for a few minutes, adding the crushed garlic and ginger half-way through. You can cook the vegetables until they are soft but if you'd like a bit of a bite, cook for less time.
Stir the sauteed vegetables into the pot of rice and season with salt.
This recipe is ridiculously easy and one of my personal favourites. I use brown rice in this dish but basmati/long-grain work just as well.